Barn’s burnt down
I can see the moon.
Movies have the ability to touch deeply into one’s psyche/soul/spirit. The following few movies have touched different parts of my being.
- As It Is in Heaven – about living in the heart (In Swedish, subtitled).
- Before the Rain – an intense portrait of human reactions in a senseless war
- Birdy – a touching story about deep friendship
- Breaking the Waves – beautiful, heartbreaking, awe full
- Choose Me – the archetypal Lover
- Close Encounters – the E.T. at the end of the extended version touched that sensitivity in myself
- Excalibur – very powerful archetypal movie for men
- Faraway So Close – the sequel to Wings of Desire
- Field of Dreams – father/son stuff – I shook at the end of this movie
- Ghost – I remembered what it was like to die
- Jacknife – about commitment
- Kiss of the Spider Woman – powerful story of personal transformation
- Kundun – beautiful, spiritual relating of the life of the Dalai Lama
- Ladybird, Ladybird – very real, disturbing story of a distressed mother caught in the welfare
- Last of the Mohicans – the only movie I ever shouted out loud in the movie theater
- Last Temptation of Christ – depicts the spiritual struggle within each of us (for those who choose to take the journey)
- Man Facing Southeast – what is sanity?
- Moonlight and Valentino – “good grief”
- The Piano – Into the mind of a deaf person
- Resurrection – where true healing comes from
- To Live – a gut wrenching masterpiece about a family in revolutionary China
- The Tin Drum – touching, moving story about a young boy’s despair in Nazi Germany
- The War at Home – a moving story about a son who returns home from Vietnam with PTSD
- Whole Wide World – a touching story about love and mental illness
- Why has Bodhi-Dharma Left for the East – you have to be in a meditative state to watch this one!
- Wings of Desire – we are all fallen angels